- Glue stuck to my shoe / does anyone know why / you play with an orange rind
- All alone on the floor / next to your twin bed box-spring and mattress
- Some summers, in the evening, after 6 or so / walk on down the hill, maybe buy a beer
- Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin / Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in
- I used to get away with so much / now I can't get away
Well it's a 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me because you look so fine that I really wanna make you mine-Jill gets this! (Jet - Be My Girl)
- I don't know if it was real or in a dream / lately waking up I'm not sure where I've been
Hey, your glass is empty / it's a hell of a long way home-Jill gets this! (Sarah McLachlan - Good Enough) The world is a vampire / sent to drain / secret destroyers / hold you up to the flames-Jill gets this! (Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings)
- Blushing a cue for her falsities / advantage is my only masterpiece
- My foundation was rocked / my tried and true way to deal was to vanish
- Days like this I don't know what to do with myself all day and all night
- I / I know what you did / Like a boy of summer gives his first kiss
- Nunca pense que doliera el amor asi / Cuando se entierra en el medio de un no y un si
- Don't the hours grow shorter as the days go by? / We never get to stop and open our eyes
Entertainment: March 2006 Archives
I so rarely get involved with blog-memes, but this one seems like fun: Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random. Step 2: Post the first line from the first 15 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from. Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly. Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING! Step 6: World domination!
I'll be crossing stuff off as I get it done. I have... nine days, and a total of eighteen items. I think I can do all of what I have to do, and a good deal of what I want to do, so yay!. First, the have-to-do's, in order of have-to-do-it-ness:
- HOMEWORK: Write up four labs. Three of them were technically due last week, but they're really lenient about due dates for these.
TEACHING: Grade labs - four classes worth. HOMEWORK: Optics, due 3/22.
- HOMEWORK: Math Methods, due 3/24.
HOUSE STUFF: Fridge overhaul. Remove anything expired, green (as in, moldy) or unidentifiable. HOMEWORK: Decide on a topic for my Optics term paper.
- HOMEWORK: Start working on my Economics honors paper. Due 4/24, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to get less and less time to write stuff like this as the semester progresses, rather than more.
PERSONAL: Neglect friends less. (You know who you are.)(Not that this can really be crossed off as "done", but I'm making good progress. It's not a particularly well-defined task or goal.) PERSONAL: Work on the Protest Signs project.(Bought supplies and started on slogans for this. I'm satisfied that I can work on this in small spurts while in school, with this much out of the way.) PERSONAL: Read Mark Haddon's "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time". (Review forthcoming.)
- PERSONAL: Newestart design.
- PERSONAL: Talk to Eric about photography for Mythos.
- PERSONAL: Writing-foo.
- HOUSE STUFF: Plan garden. Begin execution. (Sunday. Mom's coming over to lend her gardening brain.)
PERSONAL: Start reading Robert Nozick's "Anarchy, State, and Utopia".(Nozick's smart. I believe this may mark the first time I've gotten a book from a professor that I enjoyed. I'm working on the second chapter now, which is enough momentum to keep me going, I think.)
- PERSONAL: Braindump at Sam about OpenNotes.
- PERSONAL: Braindump at Tyler about Guilt.
PERSONAL: Sleep. Sleep as much as the rest will allow.(Sleep GOOD!)
With Band Trusted Zak and Sara Jesusland All you can eat Still Fighting it You To Thank Gone Bastard Landed Bitches Ain't Shit Solo Lullabye Luckiest Emaline Gracie Best Imitation of Myself Army Band Returns Ascent of Stan Narcolepsy Omaha, I don't rock this bitch anymore or rock out with my c*ck out improv Philosophy (into Dr. Pyser) Dr. Pyser Rockin The Suburbs Not The Same Encore Brick (without band) One Angry Dwarf (with band)
...it's real conversation for your ass. The concert ruled. Read Sam's short review. I'll have a lengthier, set-list-ier version soon.